Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Almost Like First Class!

After abandoning the airport transfer bus that was supposed to be the BEST way to get from LaGuardia to JFK after it broke down about a half a mile down the road, I felt lucky to be able to grab a cab and share a ride with 3 other stranded travellers. But that was not the end of my lucky streak!
Three whole seats to myself- a window and an aisle, 3 pillows and a stack of blankets for my flight across the pond! I have dozed off before on airplanes but have never slept for 6 hours - what a great way to start my Italian holiday.
No pictures to share yet, although I had a fantastic weekend in NYC before arriving here. The food experiences in NYC may be hard to beat; an amazing falafel, Turkish food and the fab little Spanish Wine Bar but give me an afternoon at the market and I will be sure to have food memories to share tomorrow.
We ate a 4 Leone last night and I went for the Tuscan specialty Trippa Fiorentina with Ceci beans and finished with a tasty Tira Misu. The waitress was charming and told us (after discovering that we were from Oregon) that she wanted to ask us a question AFTER dinner.
Sure enough she wanted to talk about the presidential election- she was charming and I sure I will see her in Oregon sometime next year when she takes her coast to coast US trip.
More later, with pictures - hello to all (especially Mom!)

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Hey girl!!! Who are you traveling with????? Deets!!!

Please blog daily... I need a vacation...