Thursday, September 25, 2008

WINE TASTING FRIDAY, Sept. 26, 2008

It's Thursday evening at closing time and I'm just now realizing that I'm headed back to ITALY in just one week!!
Yahoo!!
Today was crazy busy, which is always good especially when part of the busy was unloading the first, just picked Asian Pears and the opulent Flemish Beauty pears (think Rubens curvaceous babes and you know exactly what these pears look like!) from Eagle Creek Organics. This has been a stellar year for Linda and Robert at the orchard (as well as anyone in the valley with fruit trees, me thinks!) and the Asian Pears are divine this year - so crisp and yet juicy and sweet.
But I digress....
  1. I'm leaving on a wine buying holiday (and picked up new wine at K Vintners yesterday!)
  2. The pears are being picked ...
  3. How about we call tomorrow WINE TASTING FRIDAY and let the pear juice fly!
Stop by tomorrow (9/26) between 4 and 7 pm.
We'll open the brand new Chateau Smith Cabernet Sauvignon that I loaded up at K Vintners yesterday. Charles gave me a bottle a couple of months ago when we were hanging out on the front porch in Walla Walla and I'm so excited to finally have the wine at BELLA! You'all know that I don't sing the praises of too many Cabernet but this one is fabulous. Charles starts picking his Viognier grapes tomorrow, and I tasted some Syrah grapes right off the vine while I was there yesterday - the flavors are gorgeous this year and they still have a bit more good weather to benefit from. Yahoo we say once more!
Pour me a little glass of Chateau Smith and let's BBQ!
We've also got organic Rosa Peaches, Gala and Lodi Apples, the magnificent Duarte Plums and Seedless Green Grapes from Eagle Creek Orchards. Sexton Ranches new sausages are another tasty treat, if you haven't tried them yet, ask about our favorites! I love the Merguez, Tena likes the Sweet Italian and Maggie thinks the Kielbasa is the best! Lynn, Laura and Toni can't decide which one they prefer but just claim to "love them all!" Read more about Andi and the kids at www.sextonranchblog.blogspot.com
It's been a bountiful season in Baker County, stop in and taste the harvest!

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh my!!!!!
Can I tell you how fast time seems to fly? I can't believe your trip (my marketing trip, wink wink) is next week!!!!!!

Sigh....

I'm sorry we missed the tasting! I went and picked up more sausage!!!!!!!! Apple is back.. so is merguez... and Linguisa... and Andoulle! Lip smackin' good.

Thank you so much for being a great supporter of us, and all our local producers!