Tuesday, November 20, 2007

First Snow!!







I woke up to the muffled sounds of street noise, a welcome change to the splattering sound of morning traffic that we've had during 3 days of continuous rain. I know 3 days rain is nothing to complain about- in fact, its's reason for celebration in an agricultural valley dealing with drought- but we're just not used to it!


Anyways, the soft sounds of slow travelling cars and the color of the light coming in the windows was enough to make me jump out of bed and roust my little dog out of his for a quick peek outside for the first snow of the season!


It was a beautiful walk to work - I just love it when the snow covers every little branch and branchette.


This is the reason I live here!




The sun is already out, making everything look fabulous but the reality is that this snow is just a sneak peak at future winter-y days!


And that's all good!








No comments: